Few weeks ago I saw this recipe for all-purpose DIY citrus cleaner on social media and I like to try new things so I decided to try it and it was AMAZING!
Many people hate the smell of vinegar, and I totally get it but when you mix vinegar with citrus peels, all the smell goes away.
As you can see in the photo above this cleaner is very easy to make. You will only need citrus peels (lemon, orange, grapefruit or any citrus you are eating), white vinegar and water. The best is to leave them to ferment for at least 3 weeks.
The fermentation produces gas, especially at the beginning, so it’s better if you leave the jar open.
1. Collect all citrus peels that you have and put them in a glass jar or any bottle.
2. Cover all the peels with vinegar and water, you can use 1:1 ratio.
3. Let it sit for about 3 weeks. When the cleaner is ready, the vinegar should have a strong citrus odor and it will have a yellowish color.
4. Strain the peels and pour into a bottle that you can use in your daily cleaning routine, it can be a spray bottle or any kind.
5. At the end you can put the citrus peels in your composter.
Where to use citrus cleaner.
· To wipe the floor.
· To clean the bathroom.
· As fabric Softener.
· Kitchen table and sink.
· To remove cloth stains.
Have you made your own cleaner? Let me know your favorite homemade product below in the comments.